Monday, July 25, 2011

Job Interview

I have a job interview at Blockbuster today. It's the only place that I've seen in the 9 months of visiting/ living here that I would want to work at, so I would really like the job! I'm so nervous!! I'm nervous for several reasons. The first is simply going through the interview process, which is always a little scary. The second is that if I get this job I may not move when John deploys, which opens up a whole new world of big decisions to make within a short period of time. The third is the thought that I just might not get the job. Back home I don't have one firm job, I just work at the Book Rack when needed (which is getting more and more rare), substitute teach when needed, and answer phones when needed. Staying here would provide a job that is somewhat more stable than working three occasional jobs. I realize that there's always the possibility of getting fired or that Blockbuster could go under, but nothing is permanent in this world except God & if He wants me to have this job then I will have it. My prayer today is that I either get the job and God knows what He's doing or that I don't get the job with the security that He has other plans for me! 




EDIT: Job interview went super good! It only took about 15 minutes and the manager really wants to hire me, but unfortunately they just changed the hiring process so next I have to interview with the "Hiring Manager" and they make the final decision. My second interview should be later this week when the hiring manager drives over from STL. Hope I get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment