Friday, July 8, 2011

July Starts With a Bang

I got a twitter! If you have one, mine is @ABitByBritt, I don't use it tons.
Spent the last three days in Illinois working, just to see the fam and make a bit of money doing so. It went by ok, other than locking my keys in the car! I missed John & princess puppy a lot. Helga did flips she was so excited when I walked in the door! I came home to a super clean house & flowers thanks to my amazing husband so it was perfect to have some dinner and relax and not have to worry about that! (I can't relax if my house isn't clean) John's birthday presents finally came in so I am really excited to wrap them and decorate the house for his birthday on Monday. I was getting a little worried about them coming in time so it was relieving when they showed up. Today I am relaxing, enjoying princess puppy & being home. Finally working my way through Dexter Season 4 and waiting for John to get off work. I watched the last NASA take off today. It's so sad to see that program end. I also got a wedding invitation for Kyle Kortz & Hannah Burns' wedding! So happy for them! Not too much else to report. Later this month we are going on a float trip (canoeing) as a birthday gift from me to John. I've never been on one, so I am excited! I have my t-shirt, hat, and 110spf sunscreen ready to go! I'll take lots of pictures for you all. Debating about deleting my facebook again. I have a blog, goodreads, twitter, and facebook and I don't think that's necessary. It takes up a lot of my time for no good reason. Do enough of you read this to be able to do that? Let me know!


I have a story for you all. For those of you who don't know, Mother Nature hates me. Whether it's sunburns, heat exhaustion, poison ivy, storms, tornadoes, etc... She seeks me out. So of course it doesn't storm the 3 days I am in Illinois, but starts raining while I am at the gas station filling up to hit the road. I am in rain the entire drive back to MO and even sat in a thunderstorm in downtown STL. I couldn't see anything it was raining so hard. Well, if you've ever driven on 44, a lot of the interstate is simply cut out of the woods. That means that there are trees lining both sides. Right after getting through the thunderstorm in STL, I see a bunch of cops up ahead. I then found someone Mother Nature hates more than me. From what I could tell, lightning struck a tree and the tree fell on top of a car while it was driving. Therefore there were quite a few cop cars and the cops were all out on the road cutting the tree up trying to get it off the interstate. Crazy! Luckily it didn't do too much damage to the car so I'm sure no one got hurt too badly, but I was glad to know that Mother Nature has more people on her radar than just me! 


Current Read:

No comments:

Post a Comment