Friday, July 22, 2011

Turning 23!


Yesterday was my birthday, but we've been celebrating all week! I got to open a present a night up until my birthday, it was really fun! He called at one point for ideas & ended up getting carried away and buying everything I mentioned plus a few things. Here's what I got during the week:

Kindle (Front)

Kindle (Back)

Organizer Board

Reading Pillow
(He couldn't afford to get me my reading chair yet, so he got the next best thing. haha)

Flowers & Vase

Cookies

Candies



 John tried to get off work early for my actual birthday, but the night before my birthday they told him he had to come in. He did get to sleep in today though since they didn't let him off early yesterday, so that was nice. I accidentally set the alarm for 3:50am instead of 8:50am this morning. Oops. I also had the coffee set for his normal time. Oh well.  Anyway, back to my birthday. I usually get up in the morning with John and make him lunch, coffee, and get a few minutes to spend time with him. We don't get a lot of time together, so we savor the little moments. Since it was my birthday he took care of everything and let me sleep in. I got up, checked the mail, and got a wonderful card & gift from my Aunt Janine. My actual birthday was pretty lonely here by myself & the internet was out so I cleaned the house, read my book, and anxiously waited for John to get off work. When I got really bored I brought the neighbors cat over to visit. Not the best idea since I'm allergic, but I did get to watch Helga & her battle! 


Also, I got a video from the amazing Autumn & Noah. I LOVE those kids!
You can watch it from the link below:




 John came home and made me dinner while we watched Buffy & The Glee Project. We had bacon & cheese stuffed burgers, potato salad, and corn. Funfetti cake for desert. I opened my last gift, which was a game for my DS that I had been wanting. We spent the rest of the night watching Pan's Labyrinth and playing Mario. It turned out to be a fantastic birthday!

I had a Star Wars birthday!

Our tasty meal.

These were like heaven/ a heart attack. 

Reading his wonderful birthday card. I have such an amazing husband. One of my top two love languages is Words of Affirmation, so he always goes out of his way to speak it.

Opening my present.

Super Mario Bros. 

My birthday cake decorated in my favorite color!

Blowing out the candles! (I failed)

And today I received my birthday present & card from my parents. They got me an Amazon gift card which will be used for books, obviously. They also got me a super cute new apron! They got John a Stanley coffee thermos for his birthday, he loves it.




 So that's about it. It was a GREAT birthday! We tried to make them extra special because he will be gone during our next birthdays. Hope you enjoyed the birthday post! 

Current Read:
Cabinet of Curiosities by Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child


No comments:

Post a Comment