Tuesday, July 12, 2011

John Turns 27!


John took CQ (24 hr shift) on Sunday so that he would get off Monday morning and get to spend his birthday at home. It was great! I had everything decorated, presents ready to go, and the house was sparkling clean!   




We started off with breakfast. I made his favorite kind of eggs & had him open his presents since one of them was a coffee maker. He got a coffee maker, knife sharpener, and a tomahawk. He only likes practical gifts & LOVED them all!




The tomahawk then did not leave his side for the rest of the day! This is John cooking dinner with his tomahawk & Guinness. 


Helga was clearly bored & giving me attitude.



John picked his birthday dinner out & wanted to make it himself since he loves to cook. He chose corned beef, asparagus, and twice baked potatoes. It was SO YUMMY!!! 


For dessert we had chocolate chip cookie bars made by yours truly, topped with mint chocolate chip ice cream. I had picked out pirate napkins & candles. John loved them! 



We had such a great day. I don't think I could've made his birthday better if I had tried. SUCCESS!




Current Read:

No comments:

Post a Comment