Friday, March 25, 2011

Helen Hunt Falls

Today Lydia & Sara got to go see Dave Ramsey at Ft. Carson, so we decided to go on a little adventure of our own. We were wanting some waterfalls and looked into Seven Falls, but heard that it was expensive and that Helen Hunt Falls were free and more fun. So the boys & I packed up the kids and headed to the Falls. We had a lot of fun, although I thought my heart was going to explode at times (I'm a bit out of shape). It was nice to see the other housewives out of breath going up. Although, those housewives were twice my size trying to climb the mountain so no wonder they were out of breath. Autumn rode up on Joel's back in her carrier and Noah did most of it himself other than the hard parts on Josh's back. It was a pretty easy hike other than the fact it was all uphill & it was very slippery with ice and gravel. Part of the walk was like a tourist trail with a sort of stairs heading up, but then became the part where we had to start climbing the mountain on our own accord. Heading down was definitely easier, but more slippery and I slipped and slid down it. No injuries thankfully except a bloody thumb and Josh took care of that with the First Aid kit. :) 


Getting Autumn strapped in.

Josh & Noah in front of the Falls.

 Joel, Noah, Autumn, & I at the top of the Falls.

View from the bridge at the top of the Falls.

 Some guys climbing up the ice.

 At one of the look out points.

 At the point where my heart started exploding.

 Helping Noah up the stairs.

I climbed up this... somehow. 
(this doesn't do it justice)

Climbing up.

 To the left you can see a group of kids unsupervised, the oldest about age 10.

 Kids playing on the edge of the cliff. The youngest was about Noah's age.

 Josh & the kids.

 Getting ready to climb down.

Fresh springs.

 Joel getting a nice drink.

View from how far up we got. You could see the city.


 A zoomed in view of the city.


 Me at the top.

 Hanging out with Joel discussing how long until the unsupervised children fall off the edge.

 Hanging out with Noah.

 The bloody thumb. Between the ice and the gravel, my hands didn't feel too well.

Video of Noah & Autumn's take of the hike.

 Got some wings & pizza and relaxed at home.

Update on my husband: He's doing amazing as usual. Can't wait to come home & I can't wait for him to come home either. He's done awesome on all of his tests and continues to amaze the instructors. I'm definitely honored to be married to him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment