Saturday, March 12, 2011

Pikes Peak

Saturday we decided to take a bit of an adventure and drive up Pikes Peak. We were originally going to take the train up, but after looking at the prices decided to drive up on our own. So much fun! Ears popping, air changing, temperature dropping, and the boys driving on the edge of a cliff was definitely an adventure. By the time we reached the top I was super sleepy, but was quickly awaken by the freezing cold air whipping at my face. The view was incredible. You can see so much from there! You can see Colorado Springs, Garden of the Gods, and even Kansas! We spent some time taking pictures & hanging out in the little shop at the top. It was great day that even ended in some Chick-fil-A!






On our way up the mountain:










On Our Way Down the Mountain:






The pictures are pretty self explanatory! It was a really fun day! 
Garden of the Gods pictures up soon & tomorrow we're headed to Whit's End!




2 comments:

  1. Love, love the pics and especially the video featuring...Down By the Bay!!
    Am using my Google acct. Not sure when I set it up. I guess I'm Bean now??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha Bean. I'm going to start calling you that now.

    ReplyDelete